- Leader Limbaugh: Chalk One Up to Obama, DNC – 538
Limbaugh tops the list–not only among Democrats, but Republicans and all national adults surveyed–as the figure identified as "the main person speaking for the Republican Party today."
- Reflektionen von Nassim N. Taleb und Daniel Kahneman zur Finanzkrise – Blick Log
eine Podiumsdiskussion zwischen Taleb und Kahneman. Das war auf der DLD-Konferenz im Januar in München.
- Chart of the week: Roubini and the VIX – Felix Salmon
- Deflation v. Inflation – Sudden Debt
This article makes the point that asset prices have declined while debts have remained constant. As debt has to be serviced out of earned income, we are likely to see a long period where the ‘D-process’ is at play.
- Ban CDS as ”instruments of destruction” – Soros
Personally, I’d like to see the CDS market regulated, not banned.
- Ireland: More people dip into savings for daily spending
"Women are more likely to raid their savings to compensate for lost income, the research, sponsored by EBS Building Society, found."
- Latvia is ‘saved from bankruptcy’
"Valdis Dombrovskis told public radio that the decision late on Thursday to cut 500m lats ($1bn; £607m) from the budget was "very difficult"."
- Quantitative stealing? – Sam Jones, FT Alphaville
I love this story. Zero Hedge and Option Armageddon were running it. You gotta love the concept of unidentified Japanese looking to dump U.S. assets.
- The fiscal black hole in the US – Willem Buiter
The title says it all